Are you an experienced backend software engineer looking for a job with a purpose?
At Emedgene, scientists and developers are working together to change the way genetic information is organized and interpreted. By mixing cutting edge genomics with deep learning, we’re automating human-intensive processes, so that personalized care can become a reality for all of us.
We’re looking for a data engineer to contribute to designing, developing, and implementing custom data models to solve real-world genomics problems.
- Introduce new technologies and solutions to our data engineering processes to facilitate high scale machine learning
- Utilize ETL tools to integrate build production and post-production data pipelines that move data from a variety of sources into a warehouse, monitor data quality, check for errors and conform data to standards
- Frequently deploy prototypes of new features
- Work with our science team to get a deep understanding of how genetic variants are found and what they mean
- At least 2 years of experience working with Python
- Familiariarity with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, clean code, design patterns, design documentation and always look to improve.
- Experience with our tech stack – Python, MySql, Docker, ElasticSearch, and confidence that with you can fill the gaps quickly
- Experience working with large volumes of data (advantage)
- Experience working in an environment that supports data analysis, experimentation, and Machine Learning modeling or its integration into a product (advantage)
- You’re passionate about learning and aren’t afraid of challenges
- You’re a quick learner, motivated and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- You’re fully independent but also a team player, and know how to ask and provide help
- Want to work with and learn from top notch developers and geneticists
Location: Tel Aviv